Sunday 23 September 2007

the problem with being a Spurs fan...

... is that deep inside, you know you're going to lose.

and that feeling has spread to other things that I care about - like politics - I just can't be optimistic about our chances at any election.

now - if the next GE is 18 months away - then I'm ok - I can just worry about the Mayoral next year.

all day Radio4 has been interviewing people and suggesting that a GE this autumn in likely... I just can't stand it. Every time I hear another pollster or union rep saying it's a good idea, I get this feeling of dread that I can't shake. And almost everyone I know in the party is at Conference and I'm not...

I think we're going to lose the next election, I don't want us to, but I think we will. The thought of a Tory government before Christmas is just depressing.

No comments: