Monday 1 September 2008

today is officially part of 2007...

... it's the only logical excuse for the fact that everything has gone wrong today. Bad things happened in 2007, only good things can happen in 2008, therefore today must be a throw-back from last year...

my boss came in today and was really ill with some kind of flu-type-thingy. I am one of 3 people who spent time with her this morning and we all feel like crap... head-achey etc.

then I got a text from Virgin saying that my flight home from the States has been cancelled and they've booked me to come home the following day. I rang them and they basically said that I have to take this flight or cancel the whole thing. They wouldn't book me with anther carrier (like, for instance, BA, who have a flight on the right day). They were rude and unhelpful - couldn't tell my why it was cancelled and when I said that this wasn't good enough, I was told "this is all that we're legally obliged to do". Not good.

then I got an email from my landlord asking what had happened with the flat and I had to call him - he hadn't got the 2 voicemails I'd left him last week and the week before, so I've had to explain the whole thing, including the fact that I still have no lights in the flat, and my expectation that it will be fixed whilst I'm away. I now also need to work out where to put all my valuables whilst I'm away as there will be workmen in the flat. I was thinking of locking them in the filing cabinet, but now I'm thinking that if people are coming in and out, they could just take the whole cabinet, so I'm probably going to leave some stuff in Brum with Swirral when I go up and stay the weekend before I leave...

everyone else at work seems to be having a mare, the sun is not shining, Russian police have shot dead an anti-government webmaster, there is a hurricane about to hit New Orleans, and I want to be in bed.

oh well - I have a couple more hours of work, then PT, then Obama work, and then I can crawl into bed and pretend today didn't happen. (I'm not feeling low or anything - it would just be better if today had been slept through. By everyone.)

No comments: